Friday, August 24, 2012

Change of plan.....

I have finished my second layout.... that's 2 completed in 4 days.... talk about one extreme to the other - barely a handful in the past year or so and now very much on track to completing 3 per week.
Perhaps in time I will complete more per week but for now the entire process is taking a few hours, maybe more. Of course, this scrapbooking time is fitting around my normal work and home duties.

Yesterday I selected my 'kit' for the layout and I must be a tad colour blind because I thought the Teresa Collins line "Tell Your Story" was teal, orange, white and grey - I got the teal and orange part right but the grey was much more like a taupe (grey with some brown thrown in), the white was more an off white. The grey cardstock I had selected just didnt go, I also had to re think the embellishments as some were a stark white and some grey/silver.

The inspiration for the background of the photo mat came from my all time favourite card maker Kristina Werner. Kristina does a video every Friday called "Finally Friday" and her most recent one was called "NEW Card Sketchbook". you can see it here where she uses strips of 2.5cm/1" paper strips cut from a 6x6 paper pad. I used some 6x6 paper pad sheets for the 'collage' behind the photo and this allowed me to save the Teresa Collins "Tell Your Story" journalling cards small and large for embellishments. It turned out to be a good Plan B when the original selections didn't co-ordinate.

I very much enjoyed making this layout and will certainly be scrapping lots of black and white photos in the future. I loved the freedom of choosing a colour palette without worrying whether it would clash.
The title and journalling were added after I took the photos for personal reasons. I can share that this was my dd very first Mothers Day and her 21st birthday all on the same day.



and some close ups





Next, I am scrapping a page that is part of the "Blogging for Scrapbookers" course I am doing, if you are interested you can find the details here - best $15 USD (yes less than $15 AUD!) I have ever spent!

2 comments:

  1. OH WOWSER Michelle, this is one gorgeous layout! I love the use of the paper strips they look they are weaved behind the gorgeous photo and love the butterflies and twine too! très magnifique!

    ReplyDelete