Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Again... its been a while

Hello Blogland, it has been a long time between drinks..... I was very unhappy with the look of this blog and the name of this blog - today the new name landed in my inbox in the form of a quirky comment from a lovely friend by the name of Annmaree - I had put it out there for some guidance with regard to this blog (amongst other things) and most importantly a name that meant something to me but one that was unlike anybody Else's - I would hate to think others thought I stole something from their blog names.

Separating my name into 2 parts is significant - my dear Dad, who passed away over 14 years ago (yet it seems like yesterday) had a nickname for me, one that only he was allowed to use (his rules not mine lol) which was Missy Lou - now I know I would not be the only daughter on the planet nicknamed this but it always amused me because there is no Lou in my name, no Louise or any other such name that Lou could be a shortening for! In any case, it stuck and that's what my Dads affectionate name for me was. Thats where the Miss part of my blog name comes from.

The second part of the name - chelle - is yes, the latter part of my Christian name but this was a nickname the only other significant male relative in my life(my grandfather) nicknamed me - he was the only one to ever call me (my rules this time lol) Chelley - and yes spelt with a C and not an S - he came up with the spelling as I was called this long before I could read or write.

I also didn't like the look of the blog - new to personal blogging I used the templates available under blogger - I have in fact asked someone to makeover this blog but as I am 9th in line for her services I decided this evening I had nothing to lose so 'fiddled' with the settings and voila I have something that I like the look of much more than before - this is more me - not quite what I would like the finished look to be like but closer.

So there you have it - an amazing day, a delivering of what I had asked for when I least expected it, but boy did I know it when I saw it..... thank you to all involved and the messenger named Annmaree.

Miss chelle.



1 comment:

  1. aw I just saw this Michelle! (sorry your blog got lost in my feed!)

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete